So obviously I am like every other college student and I think the internet is a wonderful device for all sorts of reasons; however, I have recently noticed that I have a definite routine and thoughts about the internet, especially sites that tend to take up most college students’ time. Here is what I spend my time with (and what I don’t spend my time with too):
1. Facebook: Its not my favorite, but I am seriously able to stay connected with it. I have found that about once a year I will do a minor friends purge and that makes the newsfeed so much more manageable and less frustrating.
2. Twitter. No. I find it very passive aggressive and I hate that every time I read the news it includes which politicians have gotten in trouble have gotten in trouble for their tweets lately…
3. Youtube. My addiction. I can’t stop. Whenever Jared and I get on Youtube we can spend hours finding the most hilarious or even thought provoking videos. I personally subscribe to fashion vloggers because I love seeing new ideas and new products. Here are some that I follow:
-Sarahbelle93x: she is around my age and is so peppy! I love watching her videos because she always gives great advice for style and doesn’t take herself to seriously. https://www.youtube.com/user/sarahbelle93x
–Allison Anderson: This girl can do anything. I love her DIY stuff and her taste in make up. She always looks so natural and classy. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYSMmZnOy9LEy5jhEgMyddQ
– and of course Jimmy Fallon has a youtube channel. I can re-watch everything. Here is my favorite video thus far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ajQ-foj2Q
4. Online Shopping: I can’t do this on my smart phone. I actually hate the safari app and if there is a good sale going on at J.Crew or Red Dress Boutique I will be in front of a screen for at least 30 minutes trying to make the smartest choice possible on a purchase.
–Subtext for Online Shopping: Ebay! Speaking of Online shopping.. Ebay is a great site and it is also addicting. I love selling my stuff on ebay because I am always able to get more for it there than in the consignment shops around town. Plus Jared and I can get anything from video games to awesome wool socks at such a cheaper price than we can anywhere else.
5. Tumblr: I wish I could, but I just don’t have the effort. The site seems like such a black hole.
6. Buzzfeed: Only if its about Disney or Mean Girls or Puppies.
7. Pinterest: The holy grail. I cannot get enough of pinterest and I actually get decent use out of it too. I have made several successful (only one unsuccessful) recipes and I get outfit ideas from the site too. Plus, I have found several cool etsy stores through pins that I have found (obviously most of these pertain to monograms…)
8. Goodreads.com: I am loving this website. I check it about once a week to update what I am reading and what I have finished reading. Its so nerdy and so fun.
9. Blogs. I wasn’t going to be a hypocrite and not mention blogs. I love seeing what others are saying as much as I love writing!
check out my faves:
thecollegeprepster.com — super relatable. Plus she lives my dream life in New York and wears Kate Spade all the time.
allisonanderson.com — same as youtuber that I follow. She does some neat stuff about books and TV shows too here.
manrepeller.com — always a good read and lots of good stuff about relevant topics. Plus the name is great.
10. Finally, I love reading emails. I feel so official and now I feel dumb for saying that, but its true. Every morning I read my email news from the skimm. If you don’t have the skimm, get it. Its perfect for college students or for generally busy people! sign up for free at theskimm.com